100 years of Bedford

100 years of Bedford

Bedford's path to success began in 1946: At the headquarters of the company founded in 1909 in Osnabrück, Heinrich Bedford produced meat and sausage products for independent butcher's shops.  

On 1 October 1964, Dutchman Piet Mutsaers took over the lease for the Bedford meat products and delicatessen food production site. His credo was to produce only first-class specialities and his success was to prove him right. Five years to the day later (in 1969), he purchased the factory.  

Gabriele and Bert Mutsaers, who represent the second generation of the family to manage Bedford, still today take heed of their father's basic principle. This recipe for success has proven itself over the first 100 years of the company's history and so it will essentially stay the same over the next 100 years to come - so that Bedford products continue to be enjoyed by everyone!

zum Anfang der Seite